Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-11-13 Origin: Site
The die grinder is one of the most versatile tools you need in your toolbox. The die grinder is named after its start in the tool and mold model manufacturing industry. It is a high-speed rotating tool for forming various substrates. You can use the die grinder on almost any object, from cast iron and steel to aluminum, plastic, and even filler and wood, all of which depend on the accessory you choose. Do you know how to use a die grinder?
This passage is going to talk about the followings of using a die grinder:
(1) Advantages and disadvantages of die grinder
(2) Safety precautions before and during using the die grinder
(3) Steps to use a die grinder
The following will introduce the advantages and disadvantages of the die grinder.
The die grinder has the characteristics of high speed and affordable price.
The speed of the die grinder is very fast. Up to 10,000 rpm means you can quickly remove material with minimal effort. As long as the rated speed is very high, any type of cutting or grinding drill can be used (requires more careful reels).
And the price of the die grinder is very cheap. Pneumatic die grinders have many functions and are inexpensive. Of course, more expensive molds have better internal structures and longer service life. They can adapt to continuous work. As long as the compressor keeps running, the grinder can run.
Pneumatic die grinders require air. You must have a good air compressor to run the mold mill, and the small pancake compressor has no output to support such a pneumatic tool.
The pneumatic die grinder requires a hose. The machine will be tied to the air hose, which often becomes a practical problem in sports. If the hose gets stuck, it can cause a big problem. The key to fixation is to fix the hose to a workbench or other solid object, and then use a lightweight flexible coil from there.
Please be cautious and skilled when using this tool to avoid any harm. The rotation speed of the grinder is very fast, so if you do not use skill and agility, the possibility of injury may result in injury. The following are the precautions for using the die grinder.
You must always wear safety goggles and face shield. If you want to use the grinder for a long time, wear ear protectors. Take out all dangling jewelry on your body and make sure to tie your long hair firmly on the top of your head to prevent it from sinking into rotating parts. When installing the safety material parts of the mold mill, make sure that the plug of the tool is unplugged. The protective equipment you may need to prepare includes goggles, full-face sun visor, earplugs, gloves and protective jackets.
For each new tool, be sure to read the relevant operating instructions carefully before operating. This will display more information about the tool, such as the metal that can be manipulated, how the tool is assembled (if required), and the tool parts that can be used with the tool.
1. First check if there are any damaged parts of your die grinder, and make sure that all parts have been properly lubricated.
2. Determine the tools you need to use according to your materials and processing methods, and put them aside for assembly.
3. Attach the necessary tools and accessories. These tools are generally used to form cuts or punch holes in metal. Open the chuck and insert the grinding head. It is important to ensure that these grinding heads are compatible with the die grinder and are best recommended by the manufacturer.
4. Ensure that the material to be processed is firmly placed on the sun visor of the workbench. This is to efficiently process the metal to obtain the best results.
It is not recommended to press the material with one hand, because the metal is likely to move during processing. This will cause metal deformation or poor drilling, or cause serious injury to the user.
5. Before opening the die grinder and starting work, make sure to hold it firmly with your hands. Gently place the grinding wheel bit on the edge of the metal to be processed and guide the grinding wheel in the direction of forming, cutting or drilling.
6. After satisfactory processing of the metal, the head of the grinder should be removed (after the head of the die grinder is completely stopped and the plug is unplugged), cleaned and stored properly for next use.